Four Generations – One Vision
Two Great Thomas Family Companies Deeply Rooted in Sustainability
As the hardwood lumber industry evolves, more and more cabinet makers and manufacturers grapple with the decision to outsource their Face Frame, Dimension Parts, S4S, and Moulder Blanks production. Both Thomas & Proetz Lumber and Calion Lumber companies have made that decision much easier. Leveraging a century old relationship, Thomas & Proetz and Calion Lumber have expanded production to meet this growing need. We understand the positive economic impact outsourcing can provide to our customers. We also understand it must be done right.
By partnering with Thomas & Proetz and Calion, you immediately achieve an increase in quality, yields and profits, while benefiting significantly with our “on-time” delivery performance
Plus, Calion’s Arkansas location improves services to our customers in the Southwest and West Coast.
As with any Thomas Family company, Calion upholds a “Gold Standard” in high yield optimizing machinery. Production was expanded by over 33% with our most recent investments….
- A New 2023 Cameron 413B-3 Multiple fixed blade HD ripsaw and optimization system.
- 2 (two) New Paul C14 High Performance CNC cut off saws. Accuracy, Speed, and Clean-Cut performance at every level assures precise order fulfillment, no matter the volume or specie.
To complement the existing….
- 5 (five) Weinig HydroMat Short Stock Moulders, guaranteeing a precision finish for both cabinet and furniture short stock dimension parts runs.
- 2 (two) Double-End Tenoners for precise sizing of your cabinet and wood dimension parts.
- 1 (one) Weinig 6 head HydroMat 23C High speed, (200 lineal foot per minute!), Moulder for our high volume S4S accounts, demanding superior finish
Of course, Calion Lumber operates its own dry kilns to control drying and moisture content.
You can count on Calion Lumber Company for all your Cabinet parts needs!
Order with confidence.
Statement of Sustainability
All Thomas Family companies truly value our natural resources. As a major contributor to the Hardwood Industry, our dedication to the highest-quality products begins with a commitment to sustainable forestry. We maintain the integrity of our managed forests by instituting practices that ensure the quality and availability of hardwood today and for future generations.